Skincare and Skin PeelsExperience your treatment with Maison Aesthetique
Chemical Peeling is exactly what it says - peeling of the skin using a chemical. A chemical peel removes the outer layers of the skin. This freshens the skin, removes some sunspots and rough scaly patches and reduces freckles and irregular pigmentation. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles. It is safest and most effective on the face and neck.
Jan Marini Glycolic Acid Peels
Simple, safe, non invasive and unbelievably effective - Jan Marini’s Glycolic Skin Peels are a fabulous route to improving the condition of your skin without the need to take time off work or play. Representing the very best pioneering technological advances skin care, these “lunch time skin peels” work in conjunction with Jan Marini’s renowned Skin Care Management System.
The Alpha Hydroxy Acid “Glycolic Skin Peel” is derived from sugar cane and has the smallest molecular structure of the AHA family and therefore can penetrate into the skin much more effectively than other Alpha Hydroxy Acids. It is not absorbed into the body and will not cause any systemic side effects like chemicals used in other skin peels.
A gentle glycolic acid skin peel can be performed with varying percentages of glycolic acid. Glycolic acid loosens the “glue-like” attachments or cellular cement that is characteristic of many skin conditions such as ageing, acne, skin discolouration coarse texture. After just a few weeks your skin looks brighter, clearer and dry skin becomes hydrated and smooth.
Glycolic acid helps reduce cell “build up” at the lower levels of the skin. This facial skin peel procedure will resurface the skin giving dramatically softer, smoother texture, reducing fine wrinkle reduction and reducing scarring. A course of six Jan Marini skin peels is recommended for optimum results over a six to twelve week period. However, you should seek advice from us as results and variation of treatment is personal to each individual.
The depth of the resurfacing facial skin peel is controlled by three factors:
- The concentration of the solution.
- The length of time it is applied.
- Preparation of the skin.
Benefits of a Glycolic Skin Peel
- No down time! Make-up can be applied immediately and normal activities can resume after treatment.
- Assists to resolve photo-damaged skin (sun damage), acne and scar reduction, premature ageing, hyperpigmentation.
- Significantly decreases the appearance of fine wrinkle reduction, stimulates - collagen and elastin.
- Accelerates the results that can be achieved with glycolic home care products.
- Produces dramatic changes with virtually no erythema or recovery period.
The Jan Marini Skin Care Management System
Anyone who wishes to undergo a glycolic peel must first be placed on a Jan Marini Skin Care Management System, using glycolic acid based products for at least two weeks prior to the first peel and also during the course of peels.
The Jan Marini Skin Care Management System consists of a selection of products which will introduce your skin to glycolic acid (at much lower percentages than the peels) and will be most important as part of the overall glycolic peel procedure. A sun screen product is always included in the Skin Care Management System.
The Glycolic Skin Peel Checklist
- Consent form signed prior to undergoing glycolic peels.
- No jewellery should be worn around the neck/ears on day of peel. Glycolic acid home care products should cease the day prior to and after the peel.
- If you are pregnant or have recently had a baby, or are suffering from any medical condition, please consult with your GP before undergoing a peel.
- If you have been treated for acne during the past year and have been prescribed Accutane, please note as follows: Accutane should be discontinued for approximately six months to one year before glycolic acid peels can be administered and only with your physician’s approval.
The Glycolic Skin Peel Procedure
- The skin is cleansed with an appropriate cleansing solution.
- On application of the glycolic acid skin peel you may experience a mild stinging sensation which normally disappears within one minute. The acid peel is left in place for a period of time that will be assessed by your practitioner. This is also dependent on how your skin has reacted to the home care programme and to the amount of skin peels you have experienced.
- The face may become pink after the solution is applied. There may also be a faint whitish discolouration in some areas. Some individuals may experience more stinging than others this is normal and will resolve once the skin peel is washed off. In some instances you may experience some flaking of the skin after your skin peel – this is normal.
- Any redness or dehydration, if present, will subside during the first few days post peel. It is important to check with your practitioner concerning these points. Under no circumstances should you pick off any dead skin, to do so may cause pain and possible bleeding.
- No sunbathing or use of a sun bed is recommended for the week after your skin peel.
Hand Peels - Glycolic Hand Resurfacing
The Glycolic Hand Resurfacing treatment suits all skin types and is designed to meet the challenges of ageing and sun-damaged hands. This treatment targets textural changes, dryness and discoloration, age spots and will produce immediate visible improvement. A gentle glycolic acid skin peel can be performed with varying percentages of glycolic acid. Glycolic acid loosens the “glue-like” attachments or cellular cement that is characteristic of many skin conditions such as ageing, acne, skin discolouration coarse texture. Your hands look brighter, clearer and dry skin becomes hydrated and smooth.
Special emphasis is placed on follow-up home care with the continued application of Age Intervention Hands. Age Intervention Hands is a remarkable hand rejuvenation product that effectively targets the concerns associated with ageing hands.
- We are delighted to offer you this hand peel treatment free with your first skin peel.
- Hand peels are ideal for Brides for those special close up photos with the cake and the ring.
- Hand Peels are especially helpful for mature hands, lessening age spots and general overall texture of the hand.
- This treatment is ideal for a quick result, as you need no pre product care before the peel. It is recommended you wear a good sun block after treatment Marini Physical Protectant has an SPF of 45.
- Another lovely option for hand care is the use of Bioglycolic Hand and Body Lotion, which dramatically improves the appearance of ageing & environmentally damaged skin.
Microneedling / Dermaroller Hand Resurfacing & Skin Rejuvenation
Skin Needling with the Medik8 Titanium Dermaroller results in smoother, firmer and younger looking skin. Visible signs of skin rejuvenation are seen after just six to eight weeks following the procedure and can continue for up to a year.
Thousands of tiny puncture wounds are caused with micro needles; each pinprick begins the onset of the normal healing process and induces growth factors and new collagen and elastin to be laid down on the upper dermal layer of the skin. The procedure produces collagen layers on a scale similar to laser therapies. By having a number of consecutive Skin Needling sessions, new collagen and elastin are produced progressively until indented scars and deep lines are filled. Skin Needling does not require the removal of healthy epidermis, which means that it offers a rapid healing time and does not cause any comparable pain.
After the treatment we apply Jan Marini Regeneration Booster, Transformation Cream and SPF. These products can be continued as a home care regime.
For more information about chemical peels in Plymouth and Exeter, or to book an appointment with a member of our team, please contact us today. Call us on 01803 864407, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our contact form.